Thursday, December 12, 2013

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hello dear friends! Once again I have no words for my prolonged absence.  Life took over, as did winter (I have terrible lighting in my apartment and unless there is natural light my photos do not come out well) with the shortened days and sunsets at 4pm.  But I do bring with me, today, a recipe for some yummy gluten-free pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  A perfect treat for a holiday party or spending a chilly night inside wrapped up in blankets.




Ingredients:
2 1/4 cup of oats
1 1/2 cup of gluten free all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of raw sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons of water
1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
1/4 cup of apple sauce (or 1/4 cup of oil for less cake-like cookies)
1/3 cup of water
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3/4 cup of chocolate chips

Makes 24 cookies



Preheat your oven to 350.  Mix together your ground flax seed and water and set aside.  Now mix together all your dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl, mix together all your wet ingredients.  Fold in the chocolate chips.  Using about a flat tablespoon per cookie place them with room in between on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.  Bake for about 12-14 minutes (depending on size of cookie) and remove from oven to cool.  Cookies may seem softer in center after 14 minutes but they will harden once they begin to cool. Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. I love a good bowl of oatmeal and bet I would love these cookies! Such healthy ingredients too!

    ReplyDelete