Thursday, February 6, 2014

Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Pancakes



Now, we couldn't go too long without a pancake post, am I right?  Over the holidays I visited my cousins in Saratoga and was treated to a delicious breakfast of apple pancakes, as in pancakes with pieces of apples inside them.  I would never have thought of this combination before but they were delicious.  Afterwards I was determined to make my own gluten free version of them and I must say, they were pretty tasty.



Ingredients:
1 1/4 of gluten free flour mix (I used Bobs Red Mill all purpose four mix)
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 flax eggs (1 teaspoons of ground flax mixed with 2 tablespoons of water)
3/4 cup of almond milk
1/4 cup of apple sauce
1/2 small apple, chopped



Begin by mixing your ground flax seed and water, set aside.  Mix together all your dry ingredients.  Add wet ingredients and stir until just mixed.  Add apple pieces and gently mix together until all combined (but be sure not to over mix).  Allow batter to sit for a minute while you heat a cast iron skillet.  Pour 1/4 cup of batter at a time and flip when edges look cooked.  Serve with maple syrup and the remaining apple sliced on top. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment