Saturday, April 12, 2014

Tiramisu Overnight Oats




Hi friends! I am so sorry it has been so very long since my last post.  My best friend is getting married this month and it's been quite hectic in the meantime.  I will be making 60 truffles (3 different varieties) for the wedding, as well as doing her makeup the day of, and getting the bachelorette party all together.  Not to complain at all, though, as it has been a real blast and I am quite excited about it.

In any case, overnight oats have been the craze as of late!  I have seen them popping up everywhere on food blogs and cafes alike.  And who could every doubt why!  This easy to make-the-night-before breakfast is quick, tasty and perfect for those early risers on the go.  I find that one serving of this will keep me nice and filled until lunch.

Today I bring you a tiramisu version of this delicious breakfast.  Not only does it almost taste like dessert but if you use caffeinated espresso you'll have an extra boost of energy in the morning.



Ingredients:

3/4 cup of oats
1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of espresso
1 teaspoon of maple syrup
1/2 cup of almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
1/3 cup of cashew cream
1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract

The first thing you will want to do is soak 1/4 cup of cashews for at least four hours but ideally up to overnight.  I have been really into incorporating soaked cashews into smoothies and sauces so I always like to keep a cup of cashews in my fridge soaking at all times.

Now, the night before, take a mason jar (or any glass jar you have with a cover), and combine the oats, cocoa powder and salt.  Mix together all the ingredients.  In a high speed blender, blend cashews with a few tablespoons of water at a time, scrapping down the sides, until a nice, creamy consistency is reached.  Add the cashew cream, almond milk, vanilla extract, espresso, and maple syrup and stir well making sure everything is mixed evenly.  Cover and let sit in the fridge overnight.

The next morning you will wake up to a ready to eat, delicious breakfast treat!


No comments:

Post a Comment